METRC/Inventory Control Administrator
Our mission is to be the leading provider of cannabis products throughout the CA marketplace. We grow, manufacture and distribute high quality “Top Shelf” products. Hence, we are interested in someone who is the best in their field of expertise and passionate about the industry. That is at the heart of who we are, and every team member must feel the same sense of ownership, innovation and hustle as we shape the industry across the state. We need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to be a part of Zanna history, we have the job for you.
METRC stands for Cannabis Enforcement, Tracking, Reporting, and Compliance. METRC is a web-based state-mandated tracking and reporting software that tracks chain of custody of all cannabis and cannabis-infused products from seed to sale. A METRC / Inventory Control Administrator will be efficient in working with multiple departments that are utilizing the METRC system. Candidates need to be well versed in all METRC procedures to prevent loss through expiration, diversion and other issues related to commercial cannabis handling and processing. The successful candidate will have experience in a fast paced ever changing industry with an exceptional work ethic and strong observation skills.
This position will be responsible and focused on process, procedure, and systems to ensure accurate and timely retail product inventory audit and controls. The inventory Auditor/ METRC Administrator will set audit schedule and perform audits including testing of internal process standards and controls. The METRC / Inventory Control Administrator will provide leadership in the development and implementation of inventory process, procedure, and systems. The METRC / Inventory Control Administrator will work closely with accounting, finance, operations and retail teams to maintain inventory process controls.
- Performing weekly and bi-weekly audits to ensure inventory is 100% accurate and satisfies physical representation per state rules and regulations
- Reporting and identifying Root Cause for discrepancies after an audit has been performed to evaluate what issues had occurred AND determine the corrective action required to remedy short term and ongoing deficiencies.
- Verifying manifests to ensure proper information is correctly filled and completed prior to departures.
- Verfiy every plant and package has a physical METRC tag affixed properly on the item per regulation.
- Verify packages that are created and broken down are correct with its affixed METRC tag
- Preparing documentation and processes for cannabis waste disposal.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
- 3-5 years of compliance experience with METRC and other third-party tracking systems.
- 3-5 years of accounting and/or inventory audit control experience in Cannabis manufacturing, cultivation and distribution.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year accredited university or equivalent work experience in a similar role of industry preferred. High School Diploma/GED is minimum requirement.
- Ability to think critically is a must and contribute to Process Improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cannabis industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Must pass a background check (no felonies, cannabis convictions notwithstanding.)
- Able to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Exceptional time management skills
- METRC experience a huge plus but will train the right person.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills Advanced Microsoft Office skills specifically with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Depending on experience
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 21 YEARS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT AT ZANNA USA, INC.